COLUMBUS

The 'Columbus' brandname was introduced in 1937 and lasted until 1960.

Columbus was manufactured by Radio Corporation of New Zealand Ltd, they were distributed by Columbus Radio Centre Ltd.

Columbus was the house brand of Radio Corporation of New Zealand and was introduced in 1937 after the growth of Radio Corp outstripped its financial means and it was reorganised into a public company.  At this time almost all of the arrangements that RCNZ had with other companies were terminated, and brands such as Pacific, Stella and CQ went their own way leaving just Columbus and Courtenay (which was by now a brand of Turnbull & Jones).

Columbus continued to be manufactured until 1960, by which time Pye / Akrad had taken over the company.

49 Documented Columbus Models