The Bell Colt 5B67 was manufactured by Bell Radio-Television Corporation Ltd in 1967.
This model is part of the Bell Colt series of radios.
4 valves and a silicon bridge rectifier. Around this time Bell switched to transistors and there were no further valve-based Colts produced - this was the last model with the warm glow.
Generally easily spotted by the black-painted badge riveted on the rear. There is space for a model code on this badge, but no examples have yet been seen with the code stamped in. The other identifying feature is the power transformer being mounted on an angle.The Bell Colt 5B67 is part of the Bell Colt series of radios.
Bell Colts ran from 1951 through until 1980 - the longest running model of NZ built domestic radio. It saw many different engineering changes over the years, and the last few models dropped valves in favour of new transistor technology. There is considerable information on the main Colt page about this Kiwi icon.
The radios in this series are:
1951 Bell Colt Original
1954 Bell Colt 5B4
1955 Bell Colt 5B5
1957 Bell Explorer Colt
1957 Bell Planet Colt
circa 1957 Bell Colt 3B7 Champ Colt
circa 1957 Bell Colt Cadet
circa 1961 Bell Colt All Transistor
1967 Bell Colt 5B67
circa 1968 Bell Solid State Colt
circa 1975 Bell Solid State Colt Mk III