PACIFIC (POST-WWII) MODEL 526L (1946)

The Pacific (Post-WWII) 526L was manufactured for G. A. Wooller & Co. Ltd by Akrad Radio Corporation Ltd in 1946.

5-valve dual-wave radio.

The L code was reportedly used to indicate a permanent magnet speaker, which had only recently began to replace electromagnetic (EM) speakers.

The DP (Dual Power?) variant shown in the service information below is likely a vibrator power pack / mains version.

Technical Information

Valves (5): 6K8GT, 6U7G, 6Q7GT, 6V6GT, 6X5GT

Intermediate Frequency: 465kc/s

Frequency Bands: 2

Chassis Notes(most schematics can be clicked to download a full size version)

1946 Pacific (Post-WWII)  model 526

1946 Pacific (Post-WWII)  model 526

General Construction Notes for Akrad Radio Corporation Ltd:

Akrad sets often consist of 3 (or 4) numbers (eg: 518, 1059) or number-letter-number (5M4), and a common pattern exists for these sets: The first digit(or 2 digits in the case of 10-or-more valves) is the number of valves, the second is the number of bands and the third is the last digit of the year. Where the middle digit is a letter rather than a number it generally refers to the type of set - M for mantle, P for portable, G from radiogram etc

Often sets can be dated by the speaker, as many Akrad sets from the Pye era have the date of manufacture stamped on the back of the magnet housing.