ALLIED INDUSTRIES LTD (FISHER & PAYKEL)
Allied Industries Ltd (Fisher & Paykel) was formed in 1955
Allied Industries Ltd, a subsidiary of Fisher & Paykel Ltd, was set up in 1957 to manufacture Murphy radios after obtaining the licence previously held by Westco (who had gone out of business). Initially Allied began manufacturing in the old Westco factory but moved to the new Fisher & Paykel factory in Mt. Wellington shortly afterwards. In 1967 the Amalgamated Wireless Valve Company of Australia (often refered to as AWA) became a partner and their Radiola brand radios were produced. Allied were also resposible for the manufacturing of various other products including TV tubes and electric fence controllers.
Brand names know to be manufactured by Allied Industries Ltd (Fisher & Paykel)